DiSC® Classic Personality Profile
Set the Standard for Self-Understanding
The DiSC® behavioral model, pioneered over 40 years ago by Inscape Publishing, is the gold standard for helping people understand themselves and others in the workplace. The profile is often mistakenly called a “personality test”, but in reality, it’s a learning assessment based on observable behaviors, classified into four categories of behaviors, called “dimensions”. These Dimensions of Behavior provide a nonjudgmental language for exploring behavioral issues across four primary dimensions:
- Dominance: Direct and Decisive. D’s are strong-willed, strong-minded people who like accepting challenges, taking action, and getting immediate results.
- Influence: Optimistic and Outgoing. i’s are “people people” who like participating on teams, sharing ideas, and energizing and entertaining others.
- Steadiness: Sympathetic and Cooperative. S’s are helpful people who like working behind the scenes, performing in consistent and predictable ways, and being good listeners.
- Conscientiousness: Concerned and Correct. C’s are sticklers for quality and like planning ahead, employing systematic approaches, and checking and re-checking for accuracy.
Bring Out the Best in Your Management Team
DiSC Classic profiles can help employees at all levels:
- understand their own behavior
- learn how and when to adapt their behavior
- improve communication
- promote appreciation of differences
- enhance individual and team performance
- reduce conflict
Give Your Sales and Customer Service Teams a Competitive Edge
DiSC Classic profiles are proven to help sales professionals:
- create and maintain relationship-based sales
- identify their customers’ DiSC styles and adapt their selling or support styles accordingly
- stay focused on customer needs
- manage difficult customer service situations
With 30 years of proven reliability and over 40 million users, the DiSC® Classic behavioral model remains the most trusted learning instrument in the industry. It is used worldwide in dozens of training and coaching applications, including organizational development and performance improvement. Designed to complement and supplement existing training programs, DiSC Classic profiles can help improve communication, ease frustration and conflict, and develop effective managers and teams. The power of the DiSC Classic profile is available on paper or online — just choose the response format and report that best meet your needs.
SkillSource is an independent, authorized distributor of Inscape Publishing products. “DiSC” is a registered trademark of Inscape Publishing, Inc. and is used with permission.